WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NATURAL DEODORANT
I use and sell natural deodorants for many years. Recalling my beginnings at my Brooklyn shop and taking into account the experiences of my clients, I recorded a few remarks that may be useful to you.
1. There is no single natural deodorant that is perfect for everyone. Different types of bacteria that we have on the skin and the pH of our body, partly determines that some deodorants work better on some people and other deodorants work better on others. I have witnessed many times the admiration and disapproval of the same products.
2. The winter period is definitely a good time to check what works for us :)
3. When we start using a natural deodorant, we should not give up, or at least give it 3-4 weeks to see if the deodorant is working. I noticed myself that the first week in which I started using such a deodorant for the first time, the effect was not spectacular. As I used it repeatedly, it started to work with time and many people told me they had similar experience.
4. If we are switching from antiperspirants - agents with aluminum salts to a natural deodorant, we need time for the clogged glands to clear and our bacteria on the skin to return to their natural balance. Therefore, sometimes we may experience some discomfort during the first week. The body needs time to remove debris from clogged pores. Therefore, the deodorant is not as effective immediately. You need to give it a time until the body regains its natural surface. This time varies from person to person.
5. Our deodorant, which contains charcoal and bentonite clay will accelerate this adjustment process and will help clean the clogged mouths of sweat glands. It works faster than deodorants based on sodium alone.
6. Thorough cleansing of the armpit skin - only with natural soap, will help to cleanse the whole body.
7. I know people who use deodorants based on sodium alone. Its proportions in such a product are very large and it happens that our skin becomes hypersensitive to sodium, often turning red as a result of allergic reaction.
8. Generally, it is not recommended to use a natural deodorant right after shaving, which makes the skin more sensitive. I have to say that I've never had a problem with my carbon and bentonite clay formula.
9. Natural clothes made of breathable cotton and linen are an important factor contributing to the effectiveness of natural deodorant. Unfortunately, artificial materials are a place where bacteria continue to grow and this promotes the formation of an unpleasant odor.
Finally, I would like to add that it may also be that the deodorant will work great right away, which happens in most cases :)
Founder of Brooklyn Groove